25370Re: [SCA-JML] Miso Soup

    Apr 15, 2009

      > Greetings. I've been a long time lurker on this list. Always
      > reading, posting sometimes. I wish to ask for the receipe for Miso
      > soup. I'd like to try and make one on my own. There was a receipe
      > posted not too long ago. But, searching through the Archives would
      > take forever, especially since I can't remember who had posted it. :)

      It all depends upon how fancy you want to be. I know Japanese guys
      who will just stick a bit of miso in a bowl and add hot water. At the
      other extreme of things is the miso soup we made in Chaseki class.
      One time, we even shaved the katsuobushi ourselves from hunks of
      processed katsuo. Our sensei had us used pieces of broken light bulb.
      I asked her what was used before broken light bulbs were around, she
      suggested bits of broken crockery. However, I do believe that there
      is a device similar to a carpenter's plane which is period which can
      be pressed into service.