24857Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Miko

  • Andrew T Trembley
    Dec 1, 2008
      On Dec 1, 2008, at 6:17 PM, saburoutadamori wrote:
      > sorry about being so late in this post, but what about this picture -
      > http://www.iz2.or.jp/english/fukusyoku/busou/index.htm
      > it seems similar in the least to me.

      That link is no good, it's just a link to the index frame-set (unless
      you meant to link to "Woman of the upper warrior class in formal
      costume"). Please post the name of the costume you're referring to if
      you can't post a link directly to the content.

      None of the women's tops in that section bears any resemblance to
      what's being worn in the original picture. Yes, two of the tops have o-
      sode (big open sleeves, a characteristic of the hitoe those women are
      wearing), but most are kosode styles, and none have open sides or the
      collar cords associated with a hitatare.

      (original image)
      >>> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/79/Asojinja_Miko.jpg

      That top is very clearly a hitatare. O-sode, open sides, tarikubi
      (cross-over) collar, (red) cord collar ties, mid-thigh length. The
      large printed cranes are consistent with the ornamentation on a daimon
      (large crest) hitatare.

      andy
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic