24718Re: [SCA-JML] Samurai Women Warriors

    Oct 30 12:47 PM

      > Like Rick said there were those who disguised themselves, but the
      > other thing to remember is that the C stands for Creative. It may
      > not be strictly period for a woman to fight and wear men's clothes
      > and still be known as a woman, but we're also Anachronists - out of
      > our proper place in time. We work from a modern framework to
      > recreate the BEST parts of the culture.

      Please do not use the name of the organization as an argument for
      anything. The name was invented on the spur of the moment by a single
      individual when she was reserving a public park in San Francisco back
      in the 1960's. The fact is that the current rules of the organization
      allow women to fight and do not impose any "persona" requirements on
      anyone as a precondition to fighting.