24172Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Hello...I'm new to this site.

  • Anthony Bryant
    Aug 16, 2008
      On Aug 16, 2008, at 9:11 AM, Solveig Throndardottir wrote:
      > > I'm just amused that a magazine's style sheet should set the
      > policy of
      > > academics and translators everywhere. ;)
      >
      > If you are referring to Monumenta Nipponica, then characterizing it as
      > a magazine is at best misleading. It is the premier journal in the
      > field.

      Yes, but it isn't the only one. There are other journals in the field
      of East Asian Stuff that are well respected. Just, perhaps, not as
      tightly focussed.

      The point, however, stands. The style sheet is for MN.

      It isn't a style sheet to regulate usage in doctoral dissertations,
      private publications, or other publishing houses.