24046Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Kamon Color

  • Elaine Koogler
    Jul 4, 2008
      I hate to disagree with you, Solveig, but I know that, unless things
      have changed drastically, folks were encouraged to register heraldry
      using purple and green specifically because there weren't a whole lot of
      devices registered with the CoH that used those colors...the other
      colors and the metals aare heavily used. Also encouraged were the
      unusual furs...plummety, etc. I even have one friend, a Countess, whose
      heraldry has a purple and green (divided per pale...vertically, for
      those of you who are unfamiliar with heraldic terminology) field! And,
      given that more and more heraldry is being registered, which means that
      bringing devices/badges clear of conflict, I find it hard to un is more
      difficult, I do not understand why they would do this. Yes, there is a
      restriction on orange as it does not conform with the 14th century basis
      for how we do heraldry in the SCA.

      However, it may have changed, so I will check with our current heraldic
      staff and inquire.

      Kiri