24024Re: [SCA-JML] Device Newbie Questions

    Jul 2, 2008

      >> 3. The significant problem from a College of Arms aspect is the
      >> "triune" aspect of the butterfly. Generally speaking, the College
      >> of Arms resists
      >> registering devices shown in triune aspect. There are exceptions
      >> such as dice.
      > I'm not familiar with creating a device at all, I don't understand
      > exactly what that means. Does it mean the way the butterfly is turned?

      What "triune aspect" means to the College of Arms is "drawn as a
      three dimensional figure". Generally speaking, animals, &c. are
      drawn so that they are more or less squashed. For example, you
      might see them strictly from the side. Your butterfly was obviously
      taken from Japanese sources and is correct for Japan, but the
      folks in the College of Arms may take exception.