      From: "sigrune@..." <sigrune@...>
      To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, May 19, 2008 9:43:33 AM
      Subject: Re: [SCA-JML] question on three petal mon

      From: hector baez <hector_m_baez@ yahoo.com>

      "Yes I understand,.

      I have seen cherry blossom depicted with three petals, and was thinking
      it was 'period'.
      I was referring to new information of another mail stateing cherry
      blossom must be depicted with five
      petals by SCA heraldic standards."

      There are several three petal mon, one of which the flowers look
      similar to the "sakura" mon, though very lobed in shape (like hearts)
      I believe one of the plants is the oxtalis(katabami)

      Also keep in mind that finding an ordinary that is in the shape of the
      leaf and arranging that number of them in a circle, might get you a
      better rendition of what you are going for heraldically.

      Also you may just be able to pass it as "flower of three petals" the
      CoA has been changing the definitions over the last few years.

      -Takeda