      From: Elaine Koogler <ekoogler1@...>
      Subject: Re: [SCA-JML] question on three petal mon

      No, actually I wasn't responding as an SCA herald...though I have been
      one. However, I'm talking about Japanese standards. Perhaps Master
      Edward or Ii-dono could respond. As I said, I know that Japanese
      designers in period frequently took liberties with what existed in
      nature, but, though I've seen many mon in various books from Japan about
      mon, I don't recall seeing a cherry blossom depicted with fewer than 5
      petals.

      Kiri