23770Re: [SCA-JML] question on three petal mon

  • Elaine Koogler
    May 17, 2008
      No, actually I wasn't responding as an SCA herald...though I have been
      one. However, I'm talking about Japanese standards. Perhaps Master
      Edward or Ii-dono could respond. As I said, I know that Japanese
      designers in period frequently took liberties with what existed in
      nature, but, though I've seen many mon in various books from Japan about
      mon, I don't recall seeing a cherry blossom depicted with fewer than 5
      petals.

      Kiri

      hector baez wrote:

      > Thank you for the responses seems by SCA heraldic standards say five
      > petals is considered a "cherry blossom" or A plum flower/a standard
      > cinquefoil-type flower.
      >
      > Was looking for some period information stating that three petals
      > sakuras did exist as mon, but guess thats neither here or there....
      > rules are rules.
      >
      > Regards
      >
      > Hector

      Relay for Life is the signature event for the American Cancer Society.
      This link
      <http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RelayForLifeSouthAtlanticDivision?px=3678599&pg=personal&fr_id=9276>
      will take you to my personal page where you can learn more about this
      exciting event...and, if you like, donate to help fund the conquest of
      cancer.

      <http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RelayForLifeSouthAtlanticDivision?px=3678599&pg=personal&fr_id=9276>
      <http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RelayForLifeSouthAtlanticDivision?px=3678599&pg=personal&fr_id=9276>
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic