23768Re: [SCA-JML] question on three petal mon

  • Elaine Koogler
    May 17, 2008
      Hmmmmm.....there's a problem here, I think, with terminology. Mon is
      what any device or badge that's Japanese is called. Mine is three
      dragon's claws that meet at the tips on top of a ring. Our clan mon is
      a double-spiraled lightening bolt. Both of these are mon...as is one
      depicting a cherry blossom, chrysanthemum or (as is the case with my
      secondary mon) paulownia leaves and tendrils! Perhaps someone else has
      seen a cherry blossom depicted with three petals, but I have not.
      However, that's not to say that it couldn't be.

      hector baez wrote:

      > Yes Mon, the specific flower it represent would be a sakura mon
      > "cherry blossom device"
      >
      > thank you
      >
      > Hector

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic