23507RE: [SCA-JML] Musical Instrument Questions

  • rhoward
    Mar 13, 2008
      Kombanwa,

      Here are a couple of book titles that I've referenced in the past:

      Gagaku: court music and dance. Translated by Don Kenny. With an introd. by William P. Malm.
      by Togi, Masataro
      New York, Walker/Weatherhill [1971]
      ISBN: 0802724450

      Gagaku the music and dances of the japanese imperial
      by Garfias, R. R.
      Theatre Arts Books [1959]

      Music of a thousand autumns : the Tōgaku style of Japanese court music
      by Garfias, Robert.
      Berkeley : University of California Press, [1975]
      ISBN: 0520019776

      Regards,
      Yoshi

      Chamberlain TRM Calontir

      Akitsuki Yoshimitsu - Barony of Coeur d'Ennui, Kingdom of Calontir
      Wealth and rank are like the clouds; I do not wish for such transient things.