23089Re: [SCA-JML] Re: was Japanese Garb...now Folkwear

  • Jennifer Kobayashi
    Nov 5, 2007
      --- Ashina no Karasu <Ashina.no.karasu@...>
      wrote:

      > The folkwear pattern is a seven panel hakama that
      > needs slight alteration.
      > the back koshi-ita needs to be removed in order to
      > make it period. other
      > than that it is a traditional hakama.
      >
      > On 11/5/07, Solveig Throndardottir
      > <nostrand@...> wrote:

      > > Greetings from Solveig! As I recall at least, the
      > > folkwear patter is
      > > actually for monpe which are distinctly different
      > > from hakama.

      To minimize confusion, I will point out that there are
      _several_ Folkwear patterns based on various Japanese
      and other Asian garments - one of the patterns is #112
      Japanese Field Clothing which includes monpei and
      another is #151 Japanese Hakama and Kataginu. See, you
      are both right!

      http://www.folkwear.com/asian.html

      I'm not recommending them, just pointing out that they
      are there. And that there are several.

      Ki no Izumi/Jennifer

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic