23071Re: A bunch of n00b questions

    Nov 2 11:59 AM
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "jyrkele" <erkki_salo1990@...> wrote:
      > Or are the sleeves also sewed closed to themselves where they meet
      > the body of the garment.

      On men's sleeves, the back of the sleeve (closest to the side of the
      body) is also sewn up part way.

      > I am not accustomed to discussing clothes and sewing in english so
      > excuse me, please...
      You're doing fine. If something is not clear, please feel free to ask
      and I'll try to keep it simple.

      > Another thing I was wondering were the lenghts of fabric. At least
      > here in Finland fabric is often sold in widths of 59-57 inches. Yes,
      > it is just a matter of cutting, however...

      Scale is frequently an issue for those of us who are not built like
      medieval Japanese. Please take a look at my web page at
      http://www.wodefordhall.com/kosode.htm as I have instructions on how
      to measure yourself and calculate a panel width to accomodate the
      scale of your own body. Look for a sketch of a figure in kosode with
      arms stretched out like wings.

      I hope this is helpful.