22881Re: Looking for kashigata

  • mistresschief
    Sep 8, 2007
      Many thanks for everyones help! I never thought of chocolate/candy
      molds. I found an article online with pictures of many beautiful
      kashigata made of wood (if anyone wants to drool along with me) at:

      http://www.pingmag.jp/2006/03/28/japanese-cake-mold/

      I'll try either the candy molds or pestering friends that can carve
      (although sad kitten eyes only go so far).

      Again, thanks!

      Kato Tatsuko

      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "mistresschief" <mistresschief@...> wrote:

      > Greetings to all!
      >
      > I've decided to try my hand at various kinds of wagashi and am looking
      > for kashigata. Anyone know where I might find them (and not antique
      > ones at a ludicrous price) somewhere either in Canada or North
      > America? Also, has anyone made these before with success that might be
      > willing to share their secrets? Any help would be most appreciated.
      >
      > My humble thanks!
      >
      > Kato Tatsuko

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic