22872Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Looking for kashigata

    Sep 7, 2007
      Noble Cousin!

      Greetings from Solveig! I do not recommend using oil on your
      higashi molds. If you must oil, then use cannola oil. However,
      rice flour or powdered sugar should work quite well. Also, the
      ones we actually used were the ceramic type that I mentioned
      before.

      Incidentally, there are several types of molded "candy" in
      Japan. For example, manju are molded as well.