22264Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Going Sanada

  • Ii Saburou Katsumori (Joshua B.)
    Mar 9, 2007
      On 3/9/07, chasrmartin <chasrmartin@...> wrote:

      > Folks, I'm as much of a geek as anyone, and sure enough I've learned a
      > wonderful new word ("morae"), but this is a beginner; let's not give
      > the impression that it requires a degree in linguistics to learn to
      > pronounce Japanese adequately.

      Good point. Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that one needed to know all
      that stuff to learn to pronounce things--I just find it a helpful way
      to better understand it. My apologies to anyone who thought that I
      was implying that you must know all of this stuff to pronounce
      Japanese, or portray a Japanese persona.