22263Re: Going Sanada

  • chasrmartin
    Mar 9 9:16 AM
      Folks, I'm as much of a geek as anyone, and sure enough I've learned a
      wonderful new word ("morae"), but this is a beginner; let's not give
      the impression that it requires a degree in linguistics to learn to
      pronounce Japanese adequately.

      One other thing I didn't mention, by the way --- doubled consonants.
      Watch out for words like "seppuku". There's a distinction between a
      single and double consonant -- "se pu ku" sounds differently than "sep
      pu ku". To my ear, it sounds like a tiny hesitation between the first
      and second "p".

      - Mugyo
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic