      From: Solveig Throndardottir
      To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, November 13, 2006 8:05 PM
      Subject: Re: [SCA-JML] Another name/mon question...

      Noble Cousin!

      Greetings from Solveig! Actually, there was a rather famous Sakuma a
      while
      back in Japan. Sokuma is another thing. Where does this come from?
      Although my SHARP PA 8500 is familiar with Sakuma, it has never heard of
      Sokuma. Although somewhat unusual, my SHARP PA 8500 knows about
      two examples of Katsuna. Do you have any particular ideas you are
      trying
      to capture or are you most interested in the sound? Also, what period
      and
      social class are you trying to recreate? These are significant
      factors in
      designing a name. Finally, including a -no- tends to be pretentious.