Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

21768Re: Shoulder Tie

Expand Messages
  • nindja1ca
    Nov 8, 2006
      The technique (and knot) are known as a tasuke. Sometimes the sageo
      (cord on sword scabbard) was used when no other rope was available.


      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Solveig Throndardottir
      <nostrand@...> wrote:
      > Noble Cousin!
      > Greetings from Solveig!
      > >> I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I am a newbie, so
      > >> guys. So my question is what are those ties that you see
      samurai wear
      > >> that go over their shoulders and cross on the back, I am
      > >> that
      > >> they are to tie up the sleves of the kamono when they duel, but
      > >> are they called, what are they made of and how do they tie them?
      > In case it isn't obvious from the picture, the things are simply
      > white cloth tubes. You can make one (it is just like most other
      > by folding over a strip of cloth, sewing it together, and then
      > turning it inside out. Basically, there is absolutely nothing
      > about them.
      > Your Humble Servant
      > Solveig Throdnardottir
      > Amateur Scholar
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic