21583Re: [SCA-JML] Any koto players?

  • Rae Lahman
    Aug 29 6:51 AM
      ANYWAY, if anyone can recommend instructional materials on gu zheng or
      koto, your assistance would be appreciated. This lovely instrument
      should get to sing instead of collecting dust.

      Saionji-hime,
      Did you take it down to Lark In The Morning to see if they knew anything about tuning such an instrument? You're fairly close to them, aren't you?
      I agree that beautiful instruments should be allowed to give voice, not collect dust, which is why there are no instruments in my house. I am completely ham-fingered where playing instruments is concerned. I tried to learn for many years, then decided I better just stick to singing. I can do that without making cats yowl, dogs howl, and people run away screaming.
      One of those rare postings by
      Tsukiko, who has lived in both the Bay Area and Reno, but is now in Aethelmearc.