21450Re: [SCA-JML] Japanese society?

  • Nevin Broz
    Jul 11, 2006
      I've been involoved in the Japanese martial arts as well as bonsai for more than 20 years. I was just wondering if you had get togethers on weekends for people interested in the same, (kind of like the medieval knight thing, where they have jousting, sword fighting, etc...)

      All the best!
      Nindja

      Barbara Nostrand <nostrand@...> wrote:

      > Anyone know of any actual (local)groups where the SCA members actually
      > get togethor for training in the Japanese arts?

      What sort of arts are you interested in? Also, I should point out
      that Toronto can be a place to learn traditional Japanese arts. For
      this you might want to contact the cultural attache at the Toronto
      consulate. They can probably put you in touch with people. In an SCA
      context, again what arts are you interested in and just how far are
      you willing to travel? Among other things, Yamakaminari is centered
      in Buffalo.

      Your Humble Servant
      Solveig Throndarottir