21423Re: Re: Off topic but strange

  • James Eckman
    Jul 2 10:53 AM
      > Posted by: "Solveig Throndardottir" nostrand@... drnostrand
      > People should not be afraid to post things here for fear of
      > reprimand or being told that they should have more extensively
      > researched a topic before posting.

      Agreed, the only problem would be with asking for a non-internet style
      answer since the topic is is somewhat obscure to this group. Of course I
      suspect the WW1 British Cavalry internet chat groups would consider
      Japanese history obscure. I even have a couple of books on the Aussie
      involvement along with Lawrence's books. However my Mesopotamia otaku
      friend would have been happy to inform you about the subject for hours
      on end with cites, xeroxes of obscure biographies and unit histories,
      etc. Luckily if you have this situation on the internet there's the
      delete key ;)

      Jim Eckman
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic