21389Re: Off topic but strange

  • dhaissa@aol.com
    Jun 26, 2006
      The Marche of Gwyntarian cordially invites you to attend “Gwyntarian – First
      Contact” on July 1st!

      The event is themed on the first interactions between Portuguese traders and
      the inhabitants of Japan. We have planned many exciting activities to divert
      and entertain you, including 20 classes taught by folks from Alderford,
      Cleftlands & Gwyntarian; special fighting and fencing tourneys (can you say, “War
      Fans?” I knew you could!); a tea ceremony; special guest speakers from The
      University of Akron and St. Xavier University; a delectable feast and baronial
      court! Please see our website for details:

      http://www.midrealm.org/gwyntarian/jaevent2.html

      Included in the many very cool activities we have planned are two contests –
      Haiku and Iron Chef! We hope you will participate in either or both of these
      competitions. And of course, we have fabulous prizes for the winners!

      Iron Chef:

      1. Bring completed dish(es) to the event. Contestant must provide a full
      ingredient list for his dish, or the dish will not be judged. Facilities are
      available for heating dishes if necessary; if a dish must be kept cold, the
      contestant must arrange for a cooler.
      2. Dishes must contain one or more of the three theme ingredients, which will
      be announced on June 1, 2006. That’s today!!! The theme ingredients are:
      Mushrooms, Tofu and Pickled Things.
      3. All dishes will be judged by an impartial panel on the following criteria:
      Taste, Presentation, Difficulty of Preparation and Use of Theme
      Ingredient(s).

      Haiku:

      1. Contestants can either bring a completed haiku to the event or participate
      in kamikaze haiku, or both!
      2. Prepared haiku: a theme will be announced on June 1, 2006. That’s
      today!!! The theme is: Summer. Extra consideration will be given to haikus that
      reflect the theme.
      3. Kamikaze haiku: must be prepared on site, using a mystery theme that will
      be announced at noon on the day of the event. Contestants will have two
      hours (i.e. until 2:00 pm) to complete and submit a kamikaze haiku.

      So, please plan to attend the event! We look forward to seeing lots of you
      there!

      Yours in service and having fun!

      Wulfwen, Event Steward