20753Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Re: Re: Japanese piracy

  • Rick Johnson
    Mar 10, 2006
      >>Does the average American give a rat's ass about history? Unless it's sports... WW2 isn't that the war with the Kaiser?

      Of course you are right. As Diogenes said, "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

      But then, the SCA not only rememberes it fondly, we re-write it to our own desires. The club is not history as it was but as it should have been. As we are tryingto do today, remember the history of Japanese piracythen re-write it into something usable as a persona.
      It doesn't eman we forget, it simply means we have fun.

      Rick Johnson, PO Box 40451, Tucson, Az. 85717
      http://www.geocities.com/DesertHenge
      http://www.geocities.com/RikJohnson_ERB
      http://www.geocities.com/RikJohnson_RLJ

      Please note: message attached