20742Re: [SCA-JML] Japanese piracy

  • Park McKellop
    Mar 9, 2006
      The capture of the USS Pueblo was c1968, by North Korea, under the father of the current fruitcake. The current fruitcake gets a big "Hawaian Good Luck Sign" from me. ;-)

      Alcyoneus

      > As an example, It is difficult to find information on the US invasion
      > of Russia after WWI and impossible to find information on the US
      > invasion of China in the 1960s because we lost those wars so the govt
      > tries to hide those incidents as embarassing to national pride.
      > Perhaps Japanese piracy is one of those.

      And, here I recall learning about the US expeditionary forces siding
      with the "White Russians" in Junior High School.

      As for an invasion of China. Are you talking about the capture of the
      Pueblo? Mac Arthur's threatened invasion of China was in the early
      1950's. There was occasional sabre rattling about using nuclear weapons
      various places in East Asia, but that came to nothing.

      If you want stuff that may be even more embarassing, then you should
      bring up things like the Opium War and the Boxer Rebellion. Emanuel
      Noriega doesn't hold a candle to the UK and the USA in the history of
      drug pushing. However, both of these incidents showed up in Junior High
      School and High School history texts.