20740Re: [SCA-JML] Japanese piracy

    Mar 9, 2006

      > I'll visit Amazon.com and see if the local military bookstore is still
      > open.
      > I've been seeking information on both Arabic and Japanese and
      > Polynesian ships for years and the info on Jpanese, especially
      > Muromachi and Tokagawa is so minimal my best sources are Junks washed
      > on American shores.
      There are pretty good histories of the Japanese Imperial Navy out
      there. For a while I was into a naval miniatures gaming system and
      bought a few of them. You can get plans for steam powered junks and
      similar things. Finding earlier stuff is a bit more difficult. You
      don't even get a lot at the National museum at Ueno. In contrast, the
      National Museum in Seoul has a scale model of the turtle.