20695Re: [SCA-JML] Possible Heian SCAdian in New Zealand

  • Hera Davidson
    Feb 28 1:51 PM
      Hi, thank you all for your advice.
      Saionji: I would love those notes at any point that
      you wish to send them to me.
      I have had a go at making a mock-up of a hitoe in
      cotton which looked alright, but I'm not sure that the
      shape was correct. My hakama attempts have tended to
      be on the catastrophic side.
      Solveig: Finding even vaguely period looking silk is
      near impossible here. There is one store in
      Christchurch (where I live) that sells silk that isn't
      dupion or noil and it retails around 40 to 45 bucks a
      metre. Considering that I worked out that a 50 yard
      bolt from silk connection would cost me around 200
      bucks (minus shipping), I really hope that they are
      still in business.
      Kiri: silkconnection.com is where I went. For some
      reason it will not let me email them. Could I
      possibly ask someone to email them and ask how much it
      would cost to have 2 bolts of silk shippeed to New
      Zealand?
      Cheers, Hera

      http://au.photos.yahoo.com
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic