20685Possible Heian SCAdian in New Zealand

  • Hera
    Mar 1, 2006
      Hello
      Saionji: I would love those notes whenever you have the time to send
      them to me. I have (with help) made a mock up hitoe before which
      looked good, but I was unsure about it's accuracy. My hakama attempts
      have been catastrophic.
      Solveig: Silk that isn't noil is near impossible to find here in
      Christchurch. The stuff that is even vaguely appropriate looking
      retails for around 40 to 45 bucks a metre (noil is around $30, maybe
      25 on sale). I estimated that minus shipping, a bolt of 8mm habotai
      would cost me around NZ$220-250 from Silk Connection.
      And I know it's probably a bit snobby, but if you're going to do Heian
      why not do the nobility? I love the stupendously sumptuous amounts of
      fabric and the bad acid trip-like colour combinations.
      Kiri: If you know any names of silk suppliers, could I please have
      them? Even if I have to buy 100 metre bolts it would be worth it, as I
      could easily sell or donate any leftovers to my barony.
      Cheers, Hera
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic