20265Re: [SCA-JML] Japanese dance question

  • Lynn Neumann
    Jan 10, 2006
      I forwarded this onto my dance sensei, and she in turn is going to be forwarding it on to her sensei. I can't promise that I'll get anything in return that's in English. Most everything I've seen (and that's even the most modern of Japanese dances) are all in Japanese. From the lyrics to the storyline and instructions on the movements. So, with any luck, there should be a rather comprehensive answer in return if a mind doesn't mind translating.

      -Inoue

      JESSICA DODGE <kaythiarain@...> wrote:
      Japanese dancing in multiple forms seems to be a lacking subject. I have been trying to research the "kagura" For my Shinto Shrine, but alas the information is lacking. If you do happen to run across anything, let me know, And I will do the same.
      Yours inService,
      Hoataru
      (or Helena)

      Chiffon <shibhan@...> wrote:
      Hello all,
      In the past you have been extremely helpful, for which I am deeply
      grateful. (As are the teens who benefitted from your advice.)
      But alas! No good deed goes unpunished, so I am once again seeking
      your wisdom.
      Are there any guides to Japanese dance in the SCA time period? I'm
      afraid I have spent hours and hours and am not getting any answers I
      can use to try to re-create it. (Although I am providing hours of
      entertainment simply by trying to pronounce the names of the dances...)
      I would appreciate any help you can give me and also any advice on
      music/sources of music for any dances.
      Unfortunately, I do not read or speak Japanese.
      Thank you for all your help,
      Chiffon