20256Re: [SCA-JML] Japanese dance question

  • JESSICA DODGE
    Jan 9 11:24 AM
      Japanese dancing in multiple forms seems to be a lacking subject. I have been trying to research the "kagura" For my Shinto Shrine, but alas the information is lacking. If you do happen to run across anything, let me know, And I will do the same.
      Yours inService,
      Hoataru
      (or Helena)

      Chiffon <shibhan@...> wrote:
      Hello all,
      In the past you have been extremely helpful, for which I am deeply
      grateful. (As are the teens who benefitted from your advice.)
      But alas! No good deed goes unpunished, so I am once again seeking
      your wisdom.
      Are there any guides to Japanese dance in the SCA time period? I'm
      afraid I have spent hours and hours and am not getting any answers I
      can use to try to re-create it. (Although I am providing hours of
      entertainment simply by trying to pronounce the names of the dances...)
      I would appreciate any help you can give me and also any advice on
      music/sources of music for any dances.
      Unfortunately, I do not read or speak Japanese.
      Thank you for all your help,
      Chiffon