20111Re: A few over-robe questions

  • Yamana Hitomi
    Nov 15, 2005
      Wait, is that too long or too short? And remember, the average Asian

      >lady is closer to your size than mine (5'6", Size 16 dresses)! Big and
      >voluminous is the whole point of Heian styles. Conspicuous consumption
      >equals wealth and importance.
      >
      >Have we met? I know I've met Tsurumi-hime and Yoshiaki-dono.....
      >
      >Saionji (Makiwara)

      The 15" sleeves look too short to me. I experimented with half the body
      length before folding, and that looked good at about 36" long finished,
      but I wanted a second opinion. For refrence this is a cutting layout
      that I've used.

      http://members.cox.net/yamana.hitomi/Kimono%20Cutting%20Layout%2036.pdf

      We have not met, but I've known Yoshiaki-dono since highschool.

      Hitomi
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic