20109Re: [SCA-JML] A few over-robe questions

    Nov 13, 2005

      Greetings from Solveig! "kosode" literally means "short sleaves" and
      generally refers to what Americans today might call a "kimono". The
      sleave shape for pre-modern kosode was a bit different than what is
      common today. Regardless, the "kosode" is not really an undergarment
      any more than a shirt is an undergarment. In both cases, their exist
      items of clothing which can be worn over, but not under, them.

      Regardless, the color like part of kosode and similar garments tends to
      be fairly long. Generally speaking, at least to waist height.