19976Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Fake Heian brocade

  • JESSICA DODGE
    Oct 3, 2005
      What kind of meduim did you use to do that?
      I have used textile meduim and Acrylics in the past, but that still leaves a slighty rough feeling to the garment. I cringe to think I will have to invest agian into inks or dyes. Although I know it would look better. I would like to try things I already have. And I have Acrylics.(I am practical that way)

      Also, I was looking at the Kyoto Museum online at the masterworks. It appears to me, that painting and aready made garment is okay. But should one paint the fabric first, then cut the garment pieces? Or are both ways acceptable?

      In any case, it looks beautiful. Looking at the picture, I wouldn't have known it was pianted if you hadn't said so.
      Hotaru
      wodeford <wodeford@...> wrote:
      album labeled "Makiwara" shows my most recent experiment with stencil
      work.

      Silk dupioni with a daisy pattern printed into it in a slightly darker
      tone, stencilled with Neopaque white fabric acrylic.

      See what you think,