19924hitatare question

  • Mara
    Sep 27, 2005
      I would like to make and decorate a hitatare and I have a few specific
      questions.
      I have seen overall patterns and one back centered pattern with silk
      painting and embroidery on various "jacket" type of Japanese garb,
      does anyone know of sites or books that would show patterns in SCA's
      time line? Does anyone have any information of something along the
      lines of batik work being done in Japan in this time line as well?
      Have you done something similiar, decorate a Japanese garment, that
      you could share? I remember seeing the stencil work done by one member
      of the group and thought there have to be more examples to inspire us.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic