19799Re: [SCA-JML] Re: authentic Kimono pattern?

    Sep 7, 2005
      Otagiri dono!

      Greetings from Solvieg!

      > Why did they stop wearing pants?

      Why did ties become less popular in North America? Basically, there was
      a bit of a trend towards simplification in costume over the centuries
      in Japan. Further, as Baron Edward pointed out in one of his Pennsic
      classes, lower classes tended to adopt the leisure wear of the upper
      classes as their own formal wear.