19775Re: [SCA-JML] authentic Kimono pattern?

  • Elaine Koogler
    Sep 2, 2005
      Michael Wood wrote:

      > --- Ca-Rinn <Ca-Rinn@...> wrote:
      >

      > http://store.sewingtoday.com/cgi-bin/butterick/shop.cgi?s.item.B6698==x&TI=013&page=
      > <http://store.sewingtoday.com/cgi-bin/butterick/shop.cgi?s.item.B6698==x&TI=%10013&page=%10>
      > >
      > > is the Men�s kimono pattern shown there
      > > accurate, I�m making it for my
      > > fiancée for his first event, he wants a Japanese
      > > persona, and since mine
      > > is Irish, I don�t know much about Japanese
      > > garb (I have only met one
      > > person in the society with a Japanese persona, and
      > > it was a very brief
      > > meeting)
      > >
      > > Many Thank yous in advance
      > > Your Humble Servant,
      > > Cairenn McGowan of Mugmort
      > Look here:
      > http://www.folkwear.com/asian.html
      > As no self respecting man in japan in period would
      > wear a kimono without pants of some kind.

      If you check out the Yahoogroups site for SCA-JML, there is a files
      section where there is information about Japanese garb. Also, check out
      the following sites:

      http://www.iz2.or.jp/english/fukusyoku/
      http://www.dementia.org/~djl/sca/japanese/patterns.html
      http://www.geocities.com/anne_liese_w/Japanese/japoutfits.htm
      http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/garb/garb.html

      Any of these have great information, some with patterns, for Japanese
      garb of various types. The first is a museum that has models wearing
      various types of garb from historic Japanese sources. I highly
      recommend checking it out to help figure out exactly what you want. I
      am far from an expert, but am willing to help in any way I can.

      Kiri
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic