19772Re: [SCA-JML] authentic Kimono pattern?

  • Stephanie Cote
    Sep 2, 2005
      Hi!

      I'm going to de-lurk for a moment. The butterrick kimono pattern is definately in the ballpark, but comparing it to a real kimono, there's really a difference in the similarity. My recommendation would be the Folkwear Kimono pattern (#113) which you can find here:

      http://www.folkwear.com/asian.html

      it's a little more expensive, but if you're going for authenticity, it'll work a lot better.

      Hope I was able to help!

      ~Stephanie

      Ca-Rinn <Ca-Rinn@...> wrote:
      http://store.sewingtoday.com/cgi-bin/butterick/shop.cgi?s.item.B6698==x&TI=013&page=

      is the Men�s kimono pattern shown there accurate, I�m making it for my
      fiancée for his first event, he wants a Japanese persona, and since mine
      is Irish, I don�t know much about Japanese garb (I have only met one
      person in the society with a Japanese persona, and it was a very brief
      meeting)

      Many Thank yous in advance
      Your Humble Servant,
      Cairenn McGowan of Mugmort