19705Re: [SCA-JML] Mempo Question...
- Aug 8, 2005On Aug 1, 2005, at 5:22 PM, Diane Taylor wrote:
> If one is fighting with a Mempo behind a face grill, can oneI would think it would be legal, with the following conditions:
> conceivably cheat (choke gasp.. CHEATING?? MOI??) and use a
> lightweight plastic instead?
> Oh, not too obviously by using some really strange colored plastic,
> I'm talking about maybe using the blue plastic, sanding it down and
> spray painting it black.
> Would that work behind a full face grill?
> Please, any and all info would be greatly appreciated.
1. it be completely covered by your (otherwise completely legal) face
grill and neck armor;
2. it be made of shatterproof plastic (the same requirements as
glasses, for the same reasons - we don't want sharp shards of plastic
inside your helmet during combat);
3. it be snugly strapped down so as to not slide out of place (esp. if
it were to block your vision or air if it were to do so);
4. it not interfere with the attachment mechanism(s) of your helmet
(i.e. it doesn't cause your chinstrap to side and thus the helmet
rotate, or reduce the effectiveness of the protective qualities of the
On top of all this, I'd recommend that any place where the was direct
contact between the menpo and the helmet (incl helmet padding), which
I'd try to avoid, that the menpo be padded so as to not be driven into
your head by an impact on the helmet.
> Namaste,Sir Koredono
> Qara Unegen
AEthelmearc Earl Marshal
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>