19627Re: [SCA-JML] A question of terms

  • T. Carpenter
    Jul 19, 2005
      Brendan Smith wrote:
      > I remember reading a term the Japanese used for "East meets West," or
      > something along those lines. Could anyone please tell me what that term is,
      > because I can't remember the book for the life of me.

      I don't know of any term that's specifically 'East meets West' - unless
      it's the title of a specific painting or something. The social movement
      of Japanese-European cooperation, integration and education, however,
      was called 'kokusaika', if that helps?

      -Mishima no Akikata, of the Hand of the Hunt
      aka
      -Tyler Carpenter, Rogue Academic
      "Cloud-free mountains/Encircle the sea, which holds/The reflected
      moon:/A view of it there changes/the islands/Into holes of emptiness in
      a sea of ice" - Saigyo
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic