19315Re: new to the group

  • pennygirlandsea
    Jun 1, 2005
      Makiwara-hime, most laudibly instructive and discreet in manner:

      > undignified and foolish, not to mention being potentially offensive.
      I am already undignified and foolish, but offensive I'm not sure.
      Wasn't there a discussion already about offensive and Japanese
      persona? maybe actual Japanese person at an SCA even (super-rare
      thing) he/she might be annoyed, but I don't see why whiteys should be
      mad. as I said before I hear *bad* Scottish accents almost every
      event.

      > Hope this makes some sense to you, I admit I'm still a little jet lagged.

      jet lagged??? what is this WITCHERY of which you speak??

      ~*AkIkO*~

      > > (new confused and nothing to lose in sweaty eisenmarch ;)
      > > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Kita Jiru Toramassa <toramassa@g...>
      > > wrote:
      > > > Greetings, I also am of Northshield, the shire of Korsvag. I will not
      > > > claim to be an authority on anything, but I will be happy to be of
      > > > what assistance I can be. Perhaps the thing I can be of most
      > > > assistance with is making armor. I have made two sets now, first out
      > > > of steel and then plastic. There are however others on this group or
      > > > the web that have some good directions on making Japanese armor.
      > > > Hopefully these sites will help some:
      > > > http://www.nb.net/~kmeg/kaminari/Armor/Title.html
      > > > http://www.armourarchive.org/patterns/sendai_do_apocalypse/
      > > > http://www.rhinohide.cx/tousando/yoriaku/index.html
      > > > But most especially Mr. Bryant's site:
      > > > http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/

      > thinking of a Japanese persona for some time. i live in the Kingdom of
      > Northshield. So i thought why not give it a try. first thing i thing i
      > should go is make some suitable garb. then i will work on Armour. i am
      > currently a 13 century Celt so my Armour will change slowly as i am a
      > heavy fight and fight every chance i get. i just wanted to say hello
      > to the group.

      > > > --
      > > > "You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair.
      > Then I
      > > > thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the
      > terrible
      > > > things that happen to us come becuase we actually deserve them?
      > So, now I
      > > > take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the
      > universe."
      > > > -Marcus to Franklin in Babylon 5
      > > >
      > > > John Lyon
      > > > aka The Ugly Dragon