19012Re: A musician plummeting into desperation

  • madnative81
    May 2, 2005
      Good heavens! Sumi masen Akiyo-gimi, never did I mean for such a
      gross error in identifying you. As for your offer, I will make sure
      to look for you at Pennsic. I'll be camping in the most horrid
      place from what I'm told by fellow Jaravellians, with Northshield,
      on the Serengheti, or is it the Savannah? Either way, large open
      field, too much damn sun and heat. What's a swarthy, Wisconsin boy
      in juni-hitoe gonna do??? (Yes, I wear juni-hitoe, I know it's not
      wholly acurate, but I have my reasonings.)

      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Taira no Akiyo" <akiyo@r...> wrote:
      > *hides behind fan* I'm a female but this is a common mistake when
      > people see my mundane name. And I'm in Maryland, very far from
      home.

      > I have the rest of the week off so maybe I'll find space for koto
      > storage while I clean.
      >
      > In Okinawan koto/kutu there's two main schools, Nomura Ryu and
      Afuso
      > Ryu. Neither of these are really SCA period.
      > http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-PaloAlto/5962/history.html
      >
      > Some lovely audio clips at
      > http://www.wonder-okinawa.jp/014/en/4inst/index3.html
      > Yeah, I used to be able to play those from memory. *sobs into her
      > sleeve* I want my koto...
      >
      > Maybe I'll take up sanshin. Very periond Okinawan instrument but
      my
      > great grandmother gave all great grandfater's away because "women
      > don't play sanshin."
      >
      > I have very limited experience with Japanese koto but I can help
      you
      > with things like posture, hand position, basic notation reading
      and
      > timing. I'm camping with House of Two Tigers at Pennsic and will
      > probably be working in Ursula's Alcove or White Wolf and the
      Phoenix
      > but we can plan to meet.
      >
      > Akiyo
      > ...who probably was a guy in a previous life
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic