18987Re: [SCA-JML] Re: A musician plummeting into desperation

  • Ii Saburou Katsumori (Joshua B.)
    Apr 29 7:16 AM
      On 4/28/05, sean_somers2002 <sean_somers2002@...> wrote:

      > I'm not quite sure what sort of help you're looking for, exactly. Do
      > you currently have a sensei who's teaching you - or is that what's at
      > issue? The Toho Koto Society is one of America's largest
      > organisational bodies concerning the intrument (www.kotosociety.org);
      > and, whilst they may be out of your area, they could provide contacts
      > and information regarding someone more local to you. Another good
      > source of information is the Japanese Music Institute:
      > www.shakuhachi.com/G-JMI.html

      The Toho Koto Society is great. I was taking lessons from
      Okamoto-sensei for a while... unfortunately, life has gotten in the
      way recently. Nonetheless, if I saw you at Pennsic, I'd be more than
      willing to help you out. I'll be there during War Week at Tengusanji
      at Willow Point. Look for the camp with a Japanese house (not
      tent--house) and the smallish torii gates (as opposed to the huge
      gates with the red and black jinmaku--that would be Yama Kaminari,
      another good source for Japanese at Pennsic).