18585Re: [SCA-JML] Ranks and Personae

  • Solveig
    Apr 3, 2005

      >That being said, when you discuss your persona one could indeed say
      >"my father, Nani-nani-dono, is the Director/Advisor/Functionary of
      >(insert obscure bureau here)"
      >In a japanese context if a person is discussing your family with
      >you, they brobably want to know exactly what it is your father does
      >to see how upwardly (or downwardly) mobile your family is and also
      >weither you are of the right, or the left.
      >By stating the office of your father, you indicate by suggestion his rank.

      The point is very well taken. Basically, if you claim that your
      father is sixth rank or lower, you are safe as that while that sort
      of rank makes you elligible for service, it doesn't automatically
      give you much above rank nine which is the bottom of the kuge. It
      also makes your father eligible for service as a minor provinical
      governor or much more adventurously as a deputy governor. The deputy
      governors were much more likely to be stuck with the job of actually
      living in the provinces which allows you to be living someplace other
      than Heiankyou.

      | trash by my email filters. |