17668Er, make that stencilling, was Block printing

  • makiwara_no_yetsuko
    Jan 23, 2005
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "makiwara_no_yetsuko"
      <makiwara_no_yetsuko@y...> wrote:
      > Block printing is happening today. I cut out a design using flexi-foam
      > (they now make it with adhesive backing!) and mounted it on plywood
      > and I intend to start printing the silk I bought at Twelfth Night
      > today.

      Make that stencilling. A test with the paint and fabric showed that I
      wasn't getting a good print with the block. I recut the design into a
      stencil using an old manila file folder and have started printing an
      arrow design around what will be the bottom hem. The idea for that
      particular motif is "stolen" from a dofuku belonging to Toyotomi

      Hmm, stencil ought to be dry enough to re-use by now...

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic