17522Re: A thought experiment...

  • mattfmcti
    Jan 4, 2005
      > Noble Cousin!
      >
      > Greetings from Solveig! The Japanese were doing a very good job of
      nibbling
      > away at China until the U.S. intervened in the late 1930's early 1940's.
      > Even in August of 1945, the Japanese had an operational army in
      China with
      > more a million troops. If memory serves correctly of course.

      IIRC, Japan was also technologically superior to China, having spent
      the last 40-50 years modernizing the country at warp speed. I believe
      the Chinese resistance during WWII was using U.S.-supplied arms and
      supplies, because they either didn't have the facilities to make there
      own or the Japanese had bombed/taken them.

      Besides, don't you know....you NEVER get involved in a land war with
      Asia. ^_^

      Fujiwara
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic