17499Re: [SCA-JML] Re: A thought experiment...

  • Solveig
    Jan 2, 2005
      Kiri Hime!

      Greetings from Solveig!

      >But what confused me is that I've also read accounts, can't remember
      >where, about shards of Japanese pottery being found in the Americas.
      >If they weren't
      >great sea farers, how did they get to the Americas? By accident?

      The Japanese built several large seagoing ships in the early seventeenth
      century. At least one of them sailed to Neuo Espania (Mexico).

      As for the Japan Current. Anyone growing up in the Pacific Northwest can
      tell you about Japanese glass fish floats washing ashore. The Japan Current
      runs into North America somewhere proximate to Grey's Harbour County,

      | trash by my email filters. |
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic