17198Movies about History was Re: Hero-Loved It

  • mattfmcti
    Dec 5, 2004
      > Noble Cousins!
      >
      > Greetings from Solveig!
      >
      > "Memoire of a Geisha" one thumbs down from me. However, the movie should
      > show a profit.

      While I realize that the Kurosawa films are without par, I would
      certainly like to see some modern Japanese film makers explore their
      history from the Japanese perspective, and not have the Americans do
      it for them (i.e. Last Samurai). While I also realize that the wuxia
      genre of films is a very Chinese concept, it's visually stunning (esp.
      in the style of CT, HD and Hero) and could be easiler adapted to
      various points in Japanese history (Sekigahara and the Mongol
      invasions are two that come to mind).

      Thinking out loud,
      Fujiwara
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic