17144Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Re: silk painting -- tangent

  • maggie_mae1@juno.com
    Dec 1, 2004
      I had posted a questio to the list some time ago regarding winter weather clothing. I was told that some padded and/or quilted garments are created with fabric scraps (as wool was not available to create batting). Would the cast-offs from silk painting be appropriate? Or does the art use a different type of silk fabric entirely? If not, does the ink on the silk render it unusable for padding garments?

      Megge
      We are as much a product of our times,
      As we are of our places
      And those with whom we surround ourselves.