16852Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Kamon attempt # 2784 beta niner.....

  • Elaine Koogler
    Oct 27, 2004
      gavinstuart wrote:

      > >>beginSnip>>
      > It looks to me to be some sort of generic 5-petaled flower with black
      > petals, green barbs or leaves, a white center, and has
      > been 'fimbriated' (i.e. a small border put around a charge) white, so
      > that it shows up on the black background.
      > <<endSnip<<
      >
      > Originally, the design was:
      >
      > sable, on three roundels one and two argent, three roses of the first,
      > barbed and seeded of the second.
      >
      > More or less. I would liked to have the roses (or insert a more
      > appropriate 'Japanese Flower' here...)encased in hexagons, abutted to
      > one another, but I'm unsure how to list that in 'European Heraldric
      > Terms.' My only visible recourse was to list them on three roundels
      > and use my 'Artistic Expression' to its utmost, and draw them in
      > hexagons. Does anyone have a better suggestion as to how to proceed?
      >
      > Kinoshita Zenjirou Yoshimitsu

      I don't see where they would have a problem registering hexagons as
      such. It's worth a try, at any rate. Try blazoning it as "sable, on
      three hexagons, one and two argent, three roses sable barbed and seeded
      argent."

      Kiri
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic