16541RE: [SCA-JML] Re: A Variety of Inquiries (garb, names, poetry)

  • Ellen Davis
    Oct 1, 2004
      > Actually, I was thinking about this yesterday, pet rats could
      > actually ride pretty
      > comfortably in wide court sleeves, provided they don't
      > scamper down and tumble
      > down the robe onto the ground (and you'd probably want to
      > wear a yellow robe just in
      > case, lol). Mine loved to hang out in the sleeves of regular
      > clothes, but she'd probably
      > get lost in a huge upper robe. (;

      I don't know if there's any authenticity in this, but in "Fudoki" by Kij
      Johnson, the narrator, Princess Harueme, speaks of how she used to raise
      mice which would nestle in her sleeves (in her young, wild and crazy days,
      anyway). Fantastic book.

      -Aine
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic